Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I have a date

Beth Ann and I went to my nutritionist's appointment last Wednesday. We sat down together and talked about the changes I would be making in terms of what foods I can or cannot eat in the future. It was kind of a formality more than anything. This was the last requirement before I could schedule my surgery. I was told that she would turn in her report immediately and that I could probably have my surgery scheduled the next day. So I emailed the person in charge of scheduling and asked if she had received the nutritionist's report. "Not yet," she said. I followed up Friday, Monday and Tuesday. "Not yet," "Not yet," "Not yet."

Later Tuesday morning I received an email that she had finally gotten the nutritinist's report but they could not find my psych evaluation. I told her that I went to my psych appointment on November 3 and that they should have had the report a long time ago. "Not yet." So I called the psychologist's office. Twice. Her assistant finally called back and said she would fax it by 3:30pm. Good God. Why is this taking so long??

So finally I received an email saying, "Call me so we can schedule." I was so excited, my heart started thumping.

So, the surgery is scheduled for Monday, December 22!

No comments: