Monday, November 10, 2008

Approval

I called the insurance company on 11/3, 11/4, 11/5, 11/6 and on 11/7. When I called on 11/7, the usual "I don't see any record. Please call in 15 days." was replaced with "what doctor? what hospital? what month?"...I told the representative all of the information and she said "There is an admission number."

"Does that mean that I was approved?" I asked, slightly nervous, confused, and excited.

"Yeah, I guess so." was her response.

All weekend I was secretly a nervous wreck, just knowing that the rep was confused or did not understand what I was asking. Then when I got home today (11/10), there was a letter from the insurance company. Bad news: I am morbidly obese. Good news: I am covered under insurance.

So the next step is to see the nutritionist, then I can schedule surgery. Stay tuned.

No comments: