Monday, January 19, 2009

For Becky

I am watching Beth Ann try on maternity clothes. We joke that she is getting bigger and I am getting smaller. So far things have not changed much for me. I am still eating unrestricted (no fluid in the band to make me eat less), but I am still not eating as much as I did before. I have a new routine down now. For breakfast I have a chocolate (protein) milkshake. Around 10 or so I have a mid morning snack of cottage cheese with slivered almonds. Then around noon I have a hard-boiled egg and for an afternoon snack I have strawberry-kiwi protein drink mixed with pink lemonade Crystal Lite. It gets me through the day and then for dinner I eat whatever Beth Ann made for dinner. Tonight Beth Ann made beef and cheese enchiladas, with homemade salsa and fresh guacamole (my contribution).

I spent my day off cleaning the bathroom, top to bottom, and watching the movie "Atonement." I have about 30 minutes left and I don't really get it. I was originally wanting to try to have an appointment today to get my first "fill", since it's now been 4 weeks since my surgery. The soonest appointment I could have was 1/31. So the next 2 weeks I will be getting hungrier and hungrier. Then as soon as I get restriction on my band, it will all change and be like it was the first few days after surgery. It's when the weight will really start to come off. I'll try and keep you updated, but fair warning: there may not be another post until then... :)

No comments: